Zinhle sings and writes songs of the acoustic, indie-soul variety. She’s a soulful vocalist with experience in solo, acapella, gospel/CCM, musical theater and choral contexts. Her vocals have been described a ‘pure,’ ‘clear and strong’ and her harmonies known to be uniquely tight. She also plays acoustic and electric guitar. She’s excited to support new, emerging or established projects looking for lead, cover or background vocals.
Zinhle’s musicianship and performance experience informs all her production work. Her documentary films include original music and she has performed at Downtown Disney (FL), Atlas Theatre (DC), the Lincoln Theatre (DC), the White House, the American Visionary Art Museum of Maryland, among others. In 2015, Zinhle studied at Michael Howard Studios, a professional acting studio in New York City.
Vocal Productions and Performances:
- 2017: Black History Month Concert
- 2017: A Luta Continua Live Concert
- 2017: Soloist – A New Era, New Song
- 2015: Hands Up Documentary Soundtrack
- 2012-2016: Ensemble and solo vocalist, The GW Vibes
- 2015: Host and Vocalist: Black History Month Concert
- 2014: Show Host: Co-hosted GW’s Board of Trustees Leadership Retreat
Live Theatre Productions and Roles:
- 2017: Actress in “This is My Calling: Women’s Journeys into Activism”
- 2016: DC Seven, D.C. Swedish Embassy
- 2015: Featured Spoken Word Artist at The Censored Women’s Film Festival
- 2014: Several Roles in GW’s Inauguration
- 2014: The Cradle Will Rock as Yasha
- 2013: Cole Cash music video; and more.
• 2013: “Carrie: The Musical” as Helen
• 2012: “Bye, Bye Birdie!” as Rosie